• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resident vs. Occupant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VRChaney

I am looking for a bit of detail on these two definitions. Further, is there a legal and binding differance when these are applied to a residential lease. Specifically, who is required to sign and be added to the responsibilities of the lease agreement. I reside in the state of Kentucky and reside in an apartment complex.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VRChaney:
I am looking for a bit of detail on these two definitions. Further, is there a legal and binding differance when these are applied to a residential lease. Specifically, who is required to sign and be added to the responsibilities of the lease agreement. I reside in the state of Kentucky and reside in an apartment complex.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any indivdual of legal age, that lives in the property on a permanent basis is required to sign the lease agreement. The 2 terms can mean the same thing.
You would need to check your State Statutes for the legal definition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">