• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PMI Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

primetimehts

I bought my house in July this year. I have a PMI mortgage insurance. I know I can cancel the PMI insurance once the value of the house goes up. I recently finish the basement by adding 3 room. I went from 1800 cu. ft. to 3200 cu. ft. is now a good time to have a apprasial done so I can cancel the PMI insurance. I quess my question is how long should I wait to try to cancel PMI insurance?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by primetimehts:
I bought my house in July this year. I have a PMI mortgage insurance. I know I can cancel the PMI insurance once the value of the house goes up. I recently finish the basement by adding 3 room. I went from 1800 cu. ft. to 3200 cu. ft. is now a good time to have a apprasial done so I can cancel the PMI insurance. I quess my question is how long should I wait to try to cancel PMI insurance?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PMI should be cancelled as soon as you have reasonable equity and PNI is not needed due to the loan to value ratio.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">