• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property lien question??? (Again)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BRLAhere

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Sorry to ask this a second time....surely somebody out there has an answer?

Can a lien against property ever be cleared (satisfied) if the lienholder cannot be located? :confused:

HomeGuru

BRLAhere said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Sorry to ask this a second time....surely somebody out there has an answer?

Can a lien against property ever be cleared (satisfied) if the lienholder cannot be located? :confused:

**A: explain the type of lien and how it got on title.

BRLAhere

The property (small house) belonged to my grandmother who died in 1990. The property is located in Oklahoma. The neighborhood has become undesirable and the house has become dilapidated, and will probably be condemned within the next few years. My cousin, whom happened to be the oldest grandchild at the time she died, became executor to her estate.

According to his records, our grandmother married a 'drifter' sort of fellow (during her lonely years) in the 80's. He took her for everything she had (checking and savings account) within 6 months of being married, then disappeared (she and I discussed this dude several times, so I know this part is all accurate). During this marriage period, a small mortgage was placed on the home and satisfied shortly after. We assume this is when his name became part of the property. However, a lien is on the property by an individual for $1985.00 bearing the same last name as the drifter husband's last name. Cousin thinks possibly the husband arranged it, or maybe someone from his past caught up with him and obtained a judgement and filed the lien.

Whatever the reason, property has a lien against it and lienholder cannot be located. Cousin is in California and all us other grandkids are scattered elsewhere. None live in Oklahoma. He approached me with the problem after I went by the house several months ago and asked him if he still had it. Funny thing about all this, the fellow might have been using an alias. Our grandmother assumed so, she tried to have him found, but it's like he didn't exist (according to her).

Before the house is condemned or gets destroyed, he would like to get it cleared up if possible.

HomeGuru

BRLAhere said:
The property (small house) belonged to my grandmother who died in 1990. The property is located in Oklahoma. The neighborhood has become undesirable and the house has become dilapidated, and will probably be condemned within the next few years. My cousin, whom happened to be the oldest grandchild at the time she died, became executor to her estate.

According to his records, our grandmother married a 'drifter' sort of fellow (during her lonely years) in the 80's. He took her for everything she had (checking and savings account) within 6 months of being married, then disappeared (she and I discussed this dude several times, so I know this part is all accurate). During this marriage period, a small mortgage was placed on the home and satisfied shortly after. We assume this is when his name became part of the property. However, a lien is on the property by an individual for $1985.00 bearing the same last name as the drifter husband's last name. Cousin thinks possibly the husband arranged it, or maybe someone from his past caught up with him and obtained a judgement and filed the lien.

Whatever the reason, property has a lien against it and lienholder cannot be located. Cousin is in California and all us other grandkids are scattered elsewhere. None live in Oklahoma. He approached me with the problem after I went by the house several months ago and asked him if he still had it. Funny thing about all this, the fellow might have been using an alias. Our grandmother assumed so, she tried to have him found, but it's like he didn't exist (according to her).

Before the house is condemned or gets destroyed, he would like to get it cleared up if possible.

**A: then he needs to hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">