• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CAPITAL GAINS ON DUPLEX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CATHYFINN

I AM PLANNING TO BUILD A DUPLEX ON SOME LAND THAT I OWN, LIVE IN IT FOR TWO YEARS AND THEN SELL IT. IF I RENT OUT ONE UNIT, WILL I HAVE TO PAY CAPITAL GAINS ON THAT UNIT. IF THAT IS THE CASE, I MIGHT LIVE IN ONE SIDE AND NOT RENT OUT THE OTHER SIDE AND THEN SELL IT AFTER TWO YEARS. THEN I WON'T HAVE TO PAY ANY CAPITAL GAINS IS THAT CORRECT?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CATHYFINN:
I AM PLANNING TO BUILD A DUPLEX ON SOME LAND THAT I OWN, LIVE IN IT FOR TWO YEARS AND THEN SELL IT. IF I RENT OUT ONE UNIT, WILL I HAVE TO PAY CAPITAL GAINS ON THAT UNIT. IF THAT IS THE CASE, I MIGHT LIVE IN ONE SIDE AND NOT RENT OUT THE OTHER SIDE AND THEN SELL IT AFTER TWO YEARS. THEN I WON'T HAVE TO PAY ANY CAPITAL GAINS IS THAT CORRECT?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't read your post if it is in all caps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">