• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant, late on rent, month to month

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kcjrw

I have tenant that is over 3 months late on rent do to his wife having complicated surgery out of state so he hasnt been working much. They are on a month to month. Do I have to go through an attorney or can I just send them a registered eviction letter. If so how many days do I legaly need to allow them to be out in the letter. I am in the state of Missouri. Thanks in advance

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kcjrw:
I have tenant that is over 3 months late on rent do to his wife having complicated surgery out of state so he hasnt been working much. They are on a month to month. Do I have to go through an attorney or can I just send them a registered eviction letter. If so how many days do I legaly need to allow them to be out in the letter. I am in the state of Missouri. Thanks in advance<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can send the letter yourself but search the State Statutes for the exact requirements. You can conduct a search on this website by clicking on the link titled State Resources.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited November 05, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">