• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ Inspection and Front License Plate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CAE992

New Jersey.

Hello.

I was curious as to what the penalties are in New Jersey for:

A) Car not being inspected and having no sticker
B) Not having a front license plate

I was pulled over recently for not having a plate and no sticker and the officer let me go, but said that not having my car inspected is an offense that I can have my license suspended for. Is this true? What are the penalties for both these offenses? Thanks!

Crazed98

A person violating any other provision of this section shall be subject to a fine not exceeding $100.00. In default of the payment thereof, there shall be imposed an imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 10 days. A person convicted of a second offense of the same violation may be fined in double the amount herein prescribed for the first offense and may, in default of the payment thereof, be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 20 days. These penalties shall not apply to the display of a fictitious number.

Found that here:
http://njlawman.com/Legal Research/MV.htm#39:8-1_Motor_vehicle_inspections,_exceptions.

I think I read somewhere it is a $25 fine for no ispection sticker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">