• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FORECLOSURE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DASHER48

May my HOA foreclose on my property simply because they hold a $100 lien and if so what happens if the property sells for less than the mortgage plus attorney fees, late fees, ect.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DASHER48:
May my HOA foreclose on my property simply because they hold a $100 lien and if so what happens if the property sells for less than the mortgage plus attorney fees, late fees, ect.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not privy to applicable State law or the By-Laws of the HOA. In general, a HOA may foreclose on a lien of $1.00.
If the property sells for less than outstanding encumbrances, then the HOA will most likely ask the court for a deficiency judgement against the owner for whatever the unpaid amount is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">