• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

renting rooms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shauna benson

What is the name of your state?is the name of your sta?ca
I have a situation that I need advise on. The owner of the house moved, and is renting out rooms. How does one find out if this is legal.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shauna benson said:
What is the name of your state?is the name of your sta?ca
I have a situation that I need advise on. The owner of the house moved, and is renting out rooms. How does one find out if this is legal.

My response:

There is no law against renting rooms.

IAAL

laidback

i am always liable is a grouch

dont listen to that a--hole

there are fire code issues for a limit of how many people reside in a home.

some states/counties/towns... have laws against rooming/boarding houses. if there is no relative of the owner there, it could be another issue.

check your lease for any info & check with your local housing authority.

good luck

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

laidback said:
dont listen to that a--hole

there are fire code issues for a limit of how many people reside in a home.

some states/counties/towns... have laws against rooming/boarding houses. if there is no relative of the owner there, it could be another issue.

check your lease for any info & check with your local housing authority.

good luck

My response:

You know, it would be interesting if you knew what you were talking about, you idiot. You're not an attorney, so why don't you shut the hell up?

The writer said it was a HOUSE, you dumbass!

There are no laws concerning renting ROOMS, with the exception that you have to follow landlord/tenant laws - - not whether or not you CAN rent rooms - - YOU DUMBASS!!

And that's what the writer was asking about, you DUMBASS!!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">