• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken glass on sidewalk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

parkhere

What is the name of your state? NY
There was some broken glass from a beer bottle on a sidewalk of a apartment. I think my dog got injured from the pieces, since he started limping for while. Im thinking of taking him to a vet right now...
Would i be able to sue the apartment owner for having broken pieces of glass on the sidewalk? Is it worth it to even hire a lawyer and go thru with it.

JETX

parkhere said:
Would i be able to sue the apartment owner for having broken pieces of glass on the sidewalk?
Yes, you can sue anyone you want... after all, anyone can sue just about anyone else over just about anything.
However, you have NO case against them. It is incumbent that YOU be aware of the hazards of walking your dog in public.

Is it worth it to even hire a lawyer and go thru with it.
I am sure your local attorney will appreciate your money.

teflon_jones

You could also sue the beer bottle. It has a net worth of 5 cents, so at least you could get that...

I think you should be more careful how/where you walk your dog.

You Are Guilty

You people are heartless! How can you be so glib when she's clearly suffering over such negligence?

OP, the only one responsible for stepping on the glass is your dog. You never mentioned what type it was - purebred, mutt, etc. If it has significant assets, you can file a lawsuit against it in Small Claims court, but you'll need a Pet Process Server to serve the Complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">