• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are they coming to get me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onewomanarmy24

I live in Georgia, and tonight I was pulled over and asked for license, registration, and insurance. In Georgia a license plate can say "tag applied for, with the date", and that is enough to drive around. But tonight when they pulled me over they asked why I had the "tag applied for", and I said I just put the car on the road, and all the paperwork was in my purse. The truth is i have a suspended/expired out of state license, no insurance, and no registration. But because I didn't have my purse with me, I couldn't give them any ID. I did however have a "people" magazine in the car with my name, and address, and because the car was not stolen (I also had the bill of sale.) With much lying they didn't take me to jail, but they wrote me 5 tickets-no ins., no reg., illegal tag, no license on person, and change of address. The last thing the cop said was to make sure I bring my valid GA license down to the police dept. tonight to verify it. But the problem is I don't have one. What should I do? Do you think they will arrest me when I do not show up at the police station tonight? And do they need a warrant to arrest me? Can I pay the fines without ever going to court? Please help quick, as time is ticking!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

onewomanarmy24 said:
I live in Georgia, and tonight I was pulled over and asked for license, registration, and insurance. In Georgia a license plate can say "tag applied for, with the date", and that is enough to drive around. But tonight when they pulled me over they asked why I had the "tag applied for", and I said I just put the car on the road, and all the paperwork was in my purse. The truth is i have a suspended/expired out of state license, no insurance, and no registration. But because I didn't have my purse with me, I couldn't give them any ID. I did however have a "people" magazine in the car with my name, and address, and because the car was not stolen (I also had the bill of sale.) With much lying they didn't take me to jail, but they wrote me 5 tickets-no ins., no reg., illegal tag, no license on person, and change of address. The last thing the cop said was to make sure I bring my valid GA license down to the police dept. tonight to verify it. But the problem is I don't have one. What should I do? Do you think they will arrest me when I do not show up at the police station tonight? And do they need a warrant to arrest me? Can I pay the fines without ever going to court? Please help quick, as time is ticking!

My response:

You Georgia "trailer trash" are absolutely hilarious!!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

onewomanarmy24 said:

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post was copied and just became a Runner-Up in our end-of-the-year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2005 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2005 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! Our 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Here's a list of the finalists of the 2004 "Most Stupid Post" contest so that you can compare yours to the "competition". Just click on this link: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=204109 and have a chuckle or two while reading! NUMBER SIX was our GRAND PRIZE WINNER!

Yes, I know it's incredible, and I know you're blushing with pride - - but, believe it or not, your post could be our Grand Prize winner for 2005! We're giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further Details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

onewomanarmy24

"I Am Always Loser"

That's free advice? Thanks for all your help "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE". You also made me laugh, when I saw your other posts and realized that you have nothing else to do but TRY to make fun of people who are asking for help. That makes you the winner of the of the "rudest, most non-helpful post by a loser" contest. No other entries are needed, it iis safe to say the contest ends with you. If they are going to allow you to post your "funny little comments" then maybe they should change the name of the website to nobodycareswhatthisloserthinks.com I'm pretty much the only one to admit on the site that I am at fault, and your rudeness is not appreciated. The only satisfaction is knowing how wrong you are about me. Thanks for nothing.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

onewomanarmy24 said:
The only satisfaction is knowing how wrong you are about me. Thanks for nothing.

My response:

I'm "wrong about" you?

Did you read what you wrote?

Let's review, okay? You said - -

1. "I live in Georgia" - that's your first mistake. Next to Alabama, you're living in, pretty much, the trailer trash capitol of the country. Next comes Missouri.

2. "The truth is i have a suspended/expired out of state license"

3. "The truth is i have no insurance, and

4. "The truth is i have no registration.

5. "I didn't have my purse with me, I couldn't give them any ID."

6. "With much lying they didn't take me to jail"

7. "make sure I bring my valid GA license down to the police dept. tonight to verify it. But the problem is I don't have one."

This is hilarious stuff! Who drives without any of these things? Oh, that's right - - "Trailer Trash YOU".

So, what else would you like me to "know about" you, so that you won't be misunderstood?

What a dufus.

IAAL

lwpat

"I live in Georgia" - that's your first mistake. Next to Alabama
OK now don't get me started.

A state trooper stopped a trucker from Alabama and asked him "You got any
ID?

The trucker looked down at him and said "bout whut".

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

onewomanarmy24 said:
The only satisfaction is knowing how wrong you are about me.

My response:

Well, how many days in jail have you spent before you get to go to your arraignment? You probably won't get this message either because you're still behind bars.

Yeah, and I'm "wrong" about you. What a trailer trash dolt.

IAAL

onewomanarmy24

Well everyone, thank you for all of your concern. I however did not go to jail. I got a great lawyer who after much work, got the suspended license straightened out, after that I was able to get insurance, and I am currently waiting for my valid plates to come. The only thing I have left to do is pay the fines before my court date (late july). Thank you to everyone for all of your help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

onewomanarmy24 said:
Well everyone, thank you for all of your concern. I however did not go to jail. I got a great lawyer who after much work, got the suspended license straightened out, after that I was able to get insurance, and I am currently waiting for my valid plates to come. The only thing I have left to do is pay the fines before my court date (late july). Thank you to everyone for all of your help.

My response:

And all in less than 10 days too! You must have one hell of an attorney! With all the lying, cheating, and plain old being a piece of trailer trash, that's an amazing result! Oh, and if you're telling the truth (which I doubt), don't forget - - it's not just the fines, but also your attorney's fees you owe. How many thousands is this costing you?

Gee, I wonder how you got off from lying to an officer?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">