• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i have reported to police?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dchaos

I live in CT and the incident took place in NYC

hi, please advise if you have dealt with or had similar experience:

first, I want to say i never even had a speeding ticket in my life before...

today, i finished shopping and was able to leave for home. I was backing up my car in a parking lot, i looked once to make sure no one behind me then i took my foot off the break to let the car back up. then i felt the car hit something or someone pushed it and i heard a woman's voice yelling at me so i stopped right away ( as i said, when i was backing up, my foot was on top of the the break.

I looked back and saw a 50, early 60 asian woman was behind my car, STANDING. i rolled down the window and was about to go out when i saw she walked toward me yelling:"You almost killed me!!!!" in english. she didnt appear to be hurt in anyway and i was shocked becuase everything happened so quick and I've never experienced something like this before and all i could say was "I am sorry!". but she kept on yelling at me and i became kind angry because i was pretty sure no one was behind me when i was backing up and i backed up really slow.. you knwo the car will back up by itself in reverse gear.. and i believe in a parkin lot, pedestrians also have the responsibility of looking at where they going ... so i yelled back at her saying " i was backing up already...". then i backed up my car a little more and ready to leave. this time i backed up really slow because i saw she was with her family.... when i was about to drive away, another man came to my window,, i think the man is the woman's son. he yelled at me more saying something about he saw the whole thing and i was driving very fast and he can see my plate number and i wasn't apologetic enough etc. i was getting really agitated and i told him.. i said sorry already, in fact, that's the first thing i said to the lady.. the man didnt' say anything, the old lady was standing with the rest of her family nearby looking at the man arguing or rather, lecturing me...

i then left. it was a busy parking lot.. many people park there to go to nearby chinatown.. sometimes it got competitive and congested in the parking lot.. i had some minor collisions with other people before and never once they yelled at me.. we just stopped and looked at each other then said ok no one hurt so we proceed to mind each other's own business... not even a finger.

but this time, someone actualy yelled at me and I was at one time worried they would crowd to my car and drag me out of my car..

but on my way home, i got worried that they would blackmail me or call the police say i hit and ran...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">