• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant wants roomie to leave, roomie refuses, can the law help?

• Thread starter ManOfLittleLawKnowledge
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

ManOfLittleLawKnowledge

a friend of mine needs help with this one. if the tenant of an apartment wishes to kick out a roommate (possibly a subtenant, could be of any status as far as i know), can they get the law involved to force them out in any circumstance (besides any possible illegal behavior by the roomate)?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ManOfLittleLawKnowledge:
a friend of mine needs help with this one. if the tenant of an apartment wishes to kick out a roommate (possibly a subtenant, could be of any status as far as i know), can they get the law involved to force them out in any circumstance (besides any possible illegal behavior by the roomate)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Define law? If you are talking police, the answer is no. The police do not get involved in civi matters such as L/T disputes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">