• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

all is lost between friends...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

busygirl1274

What is the name of your state?pa
please help my friend to realize she is being unreasonable. my friend and i were going to start a business together, i explained to her in every way possible how we would work the finances. she thought she was getting screwed and all of her family told her i was screwing her and i thought i was better than her, which i do not. we were opening a massage shop and we were also offering other services which i was showing her how to perform on customers so she would be able to increase her income with a commision on her services. two days before we were ready to open she decided she did not want to go into business with me. she called me names, she said she hated me, she said it would be a cold day in hell before she spoke to me again..i mean she said some pretty mean things. i paid her for half of the items we bought together because she wanted a cashiers check i could only get half of the stuff because the bank was closed and i only had enough cash on hand to get half. she went to the bank took her name off the account and withdrew the cash she had put in it, she went to the township to take her name off the permit app. and she took her name off the phone bill. well the next day she decides that she wants to do the business again after all this..in the meantime i was scrambling and trying to come up with the money to do this alone. my mom came to my rescue and lent me money to get started. so when she told me she was in again..i told her i would need to think about it, i told her i really wanted to do this with her, but now i couldnt befcause i had to much debt with my mom. she didnt understand this and blamed my mother instead of herself for deciding she didnt want to do this in the first place and said nasty things about me and my mother again. call me crazy but i understand she was hurt and mad, but she needs to understand i needed to move on. i almost feel like not doing this at all because a job is easy to come by friends are not, but i have to ask myself how much of a friend is she if she is acting like this? also i told her i would still like her to be a part of this with me and work there doing her services, selling the jewlery she makes and doing th front desk if she wanted. i need to hire someone anyway and i would like to have her there. please help us..

JETX

busygirl1274 said:
What is the name of your state?pa
please help my friend to realize she is being unreasonable. my friend and i were going to start a business together, i explained to her in every way possible how we would work the finances. she thought she was getting screwed and all of her family told her i was screwing her and i thought i was better than her, which i do not. we were opening a massage shop and we were also offering other services which i was showing her how to perform on customers so she would be able to increase her income with a commision on her services. two days before we were ready to open she decided she did not want to go into business with me. she called me names, she said she hated me, she said it would be a cold day in hell before she spoke to me again..i mean she said some pretty mean things. i paid her for half of the items we bought together because she wanted a cashiers check i could only get half of the stuff because the bank was closed and i only had enough cash on hand to get half. she went to the bank took her name off the account and withdrew the cash she had put in it, she went to the township to take her name off the permit app. and she took her name off the phone bill. well the next day she decides that she wants to do the business again after all this..in the meantime i was scrambling and trying to come up with the money to do this alone. my mom came to my rescue and lent me money to get started. so when she told me she was in again..i told her i would need to think about it, i told her i really wanted to do this with her, but now i couldnt befcause i had to much debt with my mom. she didnt understand this and blamed my mother instead of herself for deciding she didnt want to do this in the first place and said nasty things about me and my mother again. call me crazy but i understand she was hurt and mad, but she needs to understand i needed to move on. i almost feel like not doing this at all because a job is easy to come by friends are not, but i have to ask myself how much of a friend is she if she is acting like this? also i told her i would still like her to be a part of this with me and work there doing her services, selling the jewlery she makes and doing th front desk if she wanted. i need to hire someone anyway and i would like to have her there. please help us..
Fascinating story. Thank you for sharing. :D

busygirl1274

lol

ok thanks a lot guys...i was not writing that story with the hopes of entertaining you with my tale of woes..lol. do you have any advice? did i make the right decission?
oh and on a side bar homeguru...did you work out the details of the 1099?..if you need any help with that you can always ask me i have dealt with that process and am actually using them for my employees in my business now..

Veronica1228

Didn't you or your friend post this whole story once before? Something about a credit card and someone's husband calling to yell at the other one, and then the two of you had an arguement on the open forum?

...or are there two cases like this?

busygirl1274

actually...my friend posted her side of this on the forum. we did not have a fight on the forum..if you look back you will see that i only posted my side of things on her post so you would be able to get the whole story and give an informed response. she did not tell the whole story. she in turn had words with someone else who replied. i was just wondering if i was doing the right thing by not continuing to be business partners..that was my question, and i was wondering if someone would reply to the fact that her backing out not once, but twice is why we are in this mess...i think she needs to hear it from you guys that she brought this on herself..i dont want a wishy washy partner..the business will go under. i do appologize if you are fed up with this subject but i am as well.

JETX

busygirl1274 said:
i was just wondering if i was doing the right thing by not continuing to be business partners..that was my question
The answer to that is your own personal decision.... and has absolutely NOTHING to do with the law!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">