• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Answer to HomeGuru re: Manipulation of names on Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetdreamr45

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio
To Home Guru Re: Manipulation of Names on Deed

State: Ohio
Subj: Manipulation of Names on Property Deed

Yes, this is a REAL situation. Two women I know who are sisters, purchased a 10 acre parcel of property for $10,000 (no buildings on it--just farmland), and exchanged last names on the Deed. Is that legal? Later, they built a horse-breeding facility and a home on the property. HOWEVER, now the deed shows they transfered (or sold?) the deed back to themselves using their REAL last names plus adding one of their daughters name to it. I know their daughter filed bankruptcy 7 in 1995, and concealed the 17 horses she owned at a friends' barn. I don't know if horses are considered assets to be liquidated, but I think the Statues of Limitations have run out as to any kind of Bankruptcy fraud. However, doesn't the deed that was originally sold to the two sister under exchanged last names indicate some type of fraudulence going on here? Or am I just making a big deal out of nothing? These are very sneaky people and most people try to stay as far away from them as they can, because they're either trying to sue somebody or manipulate situations to their benefit, and don't care whom they victimize in the process. That aside, I sure would like to know if the original deed is illegal or null and void, as well as the transfer, because of the way they went about doing it. Sweetdreamr

HomeGuru

sweetdreamr45 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio
To Home Guru Re: Manipulation of Names on Deed

State: Ohio
Subj: Manipulation of Names on Property Deed

Yes, this is a REAL situation. Two women I know who are sisters, purchased a 10 acre parcel of property for $10,000 (no buildings on it--just farmland), and exchanged last names on the Deed. Is that legal? Later, they built a horse-breeding facility and a home on the property. HOWEVER, now the deed shows they transfered (or sold?) the deed back to themselves using their REAL last names plus adding one of their daughters name to it. I know their daughter filed bankruptcy 7 in 1995, and concealed the 17 horses she owned at a friends' barn. I don't know if horses are considered assets to be liquidated, but I think the Statues of Limitations have run out as to any kind of Bankruptcy fraud. However, doesn't the deed that was originally sold to the two sister under exchanged last names indicate some type of fraudulence going on here? Or am I just making a big deal out of nothing? These are very sneaky people and most people try to stay as far away from them as they can, because they're either trying to sue somebody or manipulate situations to their benefit, and don't care whom they victimize in the process. That aside, I sure would like to know if the original deed is illegal or null and void, as well as the transfer, because of the way they went about doing it. Sweetdreamr
**A: why are you posting a new thread when you already have posted one?
Read my response to your initial thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">