• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Partners Liens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thebigdog

What is the name of your state?CALIF. I own a house with my ex boyfriend.
We are trying to refinance, however there is a question about his past child support payments. It has been paid in full a long time ago, however the Districk attourny says the files are in archieve.. The title co says they have to contact his ex wife and she has to verify it is paid in full. They say the have three times to contact her, for her response. What is the time limit they have to do this, because the re-finance must close by June 10. Will they do this right away, and if she does not respond what are my options.

panzertanker

thebigdog said:
What is the name of your state?CALIF. I own a house with my ex boyfriend.
We are trying to refinance, however there is a question about his past child support payments. It has been paid in full a long time ago, however the Districk attourny says the files are in archieve.. The title co says they have to contact his ex wife and she has to verify it is paid in full. They say the have three times to contact her, for her response. What is the time limit they have to do this, because the re-finance must close by June 10. Will they do this right away, and if she does not respond what are my options.
Why can't he go to the courthouse and get a copy of the documents from archives, certified of course, and give them to the Title ins co?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">