• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who has the right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shameonme

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Florida :confused: My mother bought the land and I bought the house with a mother in-laws apt for her to live in. Well it did not work out and now she is moving out. 1st it was for me to pay back the land $ ( NO PROBLEM ) then it was the land and all her moving costs. (SLIGHT PROBLEM BUT DO-ABLE) NOW its land + moving cost + new place = around 85G (PROBLEM) who has the right to the house and land, can I just give her the $ for the land or am I responsible for everything she has paid for after she sold her house moved in to my old house then moved in to my new house just built. Which she has lived in now for 1 month. ????? Please help.

HomeGuru

shameonme said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Florida :confused: My mother bought the land and I bought the house with a mother in-laws apt for her to live in. Well it did not work out and now she is moving out. 1st it was for me to pay back the land $ ( NO PROBLEM ) then it was the land and all her moving costs. (SLIGHT PROBLEM BUT DO-ABLE) NOW its land + moving cost + new place = around 85G (PROBLEM) who has the right to the house and land, can I just give her the $ for the land or am I responsible for everything she has paid for after she sold her house moved in to my old house then moved in to my new house just built. Which she has lived in now for 1 month. ????? Please help.

**A: who is on title to what?

landbaron

The mother in law must have signed something to allow for a house to be built on her property. The city or county would not give an occupancy permit without her signing over permission to build. Worst case scenario is you pay for the land only. Her moving costs and new house is not your responsibility. Maybe you could ask a judge to partition the entire house and land and then you buy her out for the land share.

nextwife

shameonme said:
Mine and husband is on the house and her name is on the land.

Other than manufactured homes, which themselves are NOT "real estate", a "home" is NOT titled seperately from the land. Title to the land determines ownership to a home built upon it, unless there is some sort of long term land lease protecting your investment in the home that was built there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">