• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental covenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mindybear

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I tried to post this before but I don't know if it went through so, sorry if this is a duplicate. I live in an upscale cabin community in Northeast Georgia. Our subdivision covenants state that noone can rent their property on a short term basis (I think it is less than 6 months). We have 2 neighbors who have contracted with a vacation management company and are now renting their houses for 1 day to 1 week to different people. Is their a way to enforce this covenant and how do I start? The builder (who also lives in this neighborhood and is still building in it as well) said that his attorney told him that legally he cannot enforce that covenant because it is against the law to tell someone that they can't rent their home. Is this correct? If so, why is it in the covenants that everyone had to sign when they closed? Any help on where to start would be appreciated. Mindy :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">