• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended but already paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whoisdaman

So I got pulled over for making a right turn on a red light when there was a "no right on red" sign. They ended up telling me I had a suspended license for not paying a ticket last year, it was suspended in July. Thing is the only ticket I had last year was in late March, I paid it and went to traffic school online. I paid cash though and threw away the reciept when I moved out of my old apartment. The only thing I have that proves anything is the info on the traffic school website. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to pay the ticket again, pay the suspended license ticket, then pay to get my license taken care of when I've already dealt with it last year.

lwpat

Go down to the court and talk to the clerk. I assume that is who you paid and see if they can find a copy of the receipt. Otherwise you have now learned to keep legal documents.

TYRIS

whoisdaman said:
So I got pulled over for making a right turn on a red light when there was a "no right on red" sign. They ended up telling me I had a suspended license for not paying a ticket last year, it was suspended in July. Thing is the only ticket I had last year was in late March, I paid it and went to traffic school online. I paid cash though and threw away the reciept when I moved out of my old apartment. The only thing I have that proves anything is the info on the traffic school website. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to pay the ticket again, pay the suspended license ticket, then pay to get my license taken care of when I've already dealt with it last year.

-You need to specify what state your in. Answers differ from state to state.

If neither you nor the court have any record of the tickets being paid then as far as the court is concerned it did not occur.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">