• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 year old assaulted then accused of a crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bpost

Michigan

My 16-year-old son was attacked in his car, window was shattered, doors kicked in, etc. He is okay. He was with 3 friends and none of them got out of the car. He filed a police report at that time, where they took all the kids names down and time of event. He did not know the attacker, none of them did.

Next day: Attacker was found, we got the plate # and the address. I called 911 and had officers meet me at that address, but the attacker left the area before they got there. The plate # was invalid and could not be traced. The homeowner then accused my son of B&E the night before in his home, with a neighbor as a witness. He said he tried to get an officer to come, but dispatch would not send a car because there was nothing missing. The witness who identified my son gave 4 other names of people that were suposed to have been involved in the break-in, none of who my son was with when he was attacked. The officers pulled my son's report up, and had no record of this man calling with a break in at his home, no report was made until we went over there the next day. What can I do about this and do you recommend gettting him a lawyer? I dont know yet if he will be charged, but this was a false report and I still want the guy who attacked him charged with assault. :confused:

Last edited:

break in

there might be a witness that can testify he saw your son there but they might not have any fingerprints on the house. I'd wash anything he could get figerprints off of until this is over as he might be smart enough and knowledgable enough to lift your sons and put them onto his own property. I don't know what kind of person your dealing with. can you afford an attorney? if not i'd get a public defender. if you can afford but just don't feel like having to pay for one than thats up to you. you said the witness stated names of people he saw there. how did he get the names? does he know what those people look like? you could file a motion to have a line up and have those people picked out. you might want to have your son dress with hat and glasses and/or things to disguise him so that witnesses neighbor doesn't take photos in order to show him what they look like.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">