• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter of intent from home builder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweetpea2005

I live in Toronto, Ontario. I would like to know if a "letter of intent" from the builder means anything. For the last 10 months all I got from the builder's customer service manager were lies and excuses as to why the eaves/down spout was not re-directed. The home inspector and the builder had acknowledged that there was a design flaw which resulted in a "wet" problem in my courtyard and I was issued a letter of intent that it was going to be fixed. However, there is now a new customer service manager and last week I was rudely told that I was not an expert and there was nothing wrong with the eaves and therefore nothing to correct. Please advise me on how to move forward with this on going matter. Thank you.

Happy Trails

Sweetpea2005 said:
I live in Toronto, Ontario. I would like to know if a "letter of intent" from the builder means anything. For the last 10 months all I got from the builder's customer service manager were lies and excuses as to why the eaves/down spout was not re-directed. The home inspector and the builder had acknowledged that there was a design flaw which resulted in a "wet" problem in my courtyard and I was issued a letter of intent that it was going to be fixed. However, there is now a new customer service manager and last week I was rudely told that I was not an expert and there was nothing wrong with the eaves and therefore nothing to correct. Please advise me on how to move forward with this on going matter. Thank you.
Sorry, US law only. The laws of your country are different than ours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">