• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calculating Spousal Support for Ohio?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlundy

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Does anyone know how to calculate spousal Support in Ohio? I cannot find it anywhere

LdiJ

dlundy said:

Does anyone know how to calculate spousal Support in Ohio? I cannot find it anywhere
I don't think there are specific guidelines. I could be wrong but I have never found any.

skyspirit

How to Calculate SS in Ohio

I think this is the proper calculation for Spousal Support in Ohio:

One butt cheek
Both testicles
divided by number of years together...
If Number of years together is > 10,
add another butt cheek, right eye, and left hand and multiply
by 25 years to life.

In my book, you'd get less time as a sentance in jail....

Sorry---had to post it...Ohio Sucks. Write your congressman.

Good Luck.

VeronicaGia

dlundy said:

Only a judge can decide on alimony, if alimony will be paid at all. You don't give us any details of your marriage for any of us to even see if you or he would qualify for alimony. If your marriage is a short one it is doubtful. Besides, why would anyone want to live off their ex and not be responsible for themselves? What if the payor stops paying?

dlundy

Sorry about that Here is the info:
Married for 23 yrs
I am 41 and my wife is 42.
She has always worked part time while our kids where young, now they are 15 and 18 she is working two part-time jobs making $28000, I make around $87000.
Concerning the divorce if it matters, she was cheating on me while we were doing marriage counseling to save the marriage I thought, I caught her, she then filed for divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">