• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need more help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amanda white1

i have wrote before and i am now wondering that if we were to get evicted for nonpayment of rent and we had signed a lease about a month ago that starts on dec1 2000 could she still make us pay for that whole year or could we just leave this month . thanks

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amanda white1:
i have wrote before and i am now wondering that if we were to get evicted for nonpayment of rent and we had signed a lease about a month ago that starts on dec1 2000 could she still make us pay for that whole year or could we just leave this month . thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ananconda, Salamanda, please read your written lease. What does it state?

A

amanda white1

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
Ananconda, Salamanda, please read your written lease. What does it state?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey its me and it doesnt state anywhere in my lease what happens to you if you are evicted so i dont know what will happen please help
thanks homeguru

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amanda white1:

hey its me and it doesnt state anywhere in my lease what happens to you if you are evicted so i dont know what will happen please help
thanks homeguru
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's start again. You have a fixed lease so what date does it expire? What date are you moving out? If you are moving out before the expiration date of your written lease, you are responsible for the rent up to the expiration date of our lease or when the property is re-rented, whichever occurs earlier. In addition L has other remedies and you may be liable for cleaning and repair costs, advertising, showing fees etc.

A

amanda white1

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
Let's start again. You have a fixed lease so what date does it expire? What date are you moving out? If you are moving out before the expiration date of your written lease, you are responsible for the rent up to the expiration date of our lease or when the property is re-rented, whichever occurs earlier. In addition L has other remedies and you may be liable for cleaning and repair costs, advertising, showing fees etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey okay my lease ends at tend of this month and and a new one starts on dec 1 2000 so will she just give us a 30 day notice or take us to court i live in ohio

HomeGuru

Hey okay my lease ends at tend of this month and and a new one starts on dec 1 2000 so will she just give us a 30 day notice or take us to court i live in ohio
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Manda bear, we gotta stop meeting like this babe. Did you sign the new lease that starts dec 1 2000 and if so when does it end? Are you current with your rent?

A

amanda white1

Manda bear, we gotta stop meeting like this babe. Did you sign the new lease that starts dec 1 2000 and if so when does it end? Are you current with your rent?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A

amanda white1

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my lease ends dec 1 2001 and i want out of my lease so i decided to not pay my rent this month so they can evict me and i am wondering can they take me to court to get the money for the new lease that hasnt started

HomeGuru

my lease ends dec 1 2001 and i want out of my lease so i decided to not pay my rent this month so they can evict me and i am wondering can they take me to court to get the money for the new lease that hasnt started<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mandy, your premeditated eviction approach is all wrong. You are liable for the rent for last month, this month and every single month up to and ending Dec 1 2001. L can take you to court and sue for rent, late fees, cleaning, repair, utility fees if any, court costs, attorneys fees etc. and get a judgement against you for the total amount due. In addition, the judgement can be used to garnishee a portion of your pay from your employer and any assets that you have. If L hires an attorney or collection company to do the collection, they can file a notice with all the credit reporting agencies so that the judgement would appear on your credit report.
It would make better sense to pay your rent, tell L that you need to move and help L find a replacement tenant by advertising and showing the property.

LegalBeagle

my lease ends dec 1 2001 and i want out of my lease so i decided to not pay my rent this month so they can evict me
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my..

[This message has been edited by LegalBeagle (edited November 07, 2000).]

A

amanda white1

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Oh my..

[This message has been edited by LegalBeagle (edited November 07, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried to talk to her i told her i could put and ad in the paper she said i couldnt and also i tried to get the owners number or address so i could contact the owner and she wont give it to me isnt she suppose to give me the address of the owner i live in an apartment complex and i read over the internet that they have to give you the owners number that it is a tenants right. i thought if you got evicted you couldnt be liable for anything if you were evicted you just were not allowed on the property again

A

amanda white1

Mandy, your premeditated eviction approach is all wrong. You are liable for the rent for last month, this month and every single month up to and ending Dec 1 2001. L can take you to court and sue for rent, late fees, cleaning, repair, utility fees if any, court costs, attorneys fees etc. and get a judgement against you for the total amount due. In addition, the judgement
can be used to garnishee a portion of your pay from your employer and any assets that you have. If L hires an attorney or collection company to do the collection, they can file a notice with all the credit reporting agencies so that the judgement would appear on your credit report.
It would make better sense to pay your rent, tell L that you need to move and help L find a replacement tenant by advertising and showing the property.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The other reasons i need to move i really cannot afford this place i lost my job my husband works but that is not enough money and so we decided to move back to west virginia because our financial status at this time and closer to family is there any law saiying if you cannot afford the place that theres a way to get out of the lease i couldnt pay this months rent if i wanted to theres just not enough money to pay it. So is there any way i could talk to my landlord to tell her i lost my job and we cannot afford this my rent was due on the 5 th of the month and i havent paid it i cant

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">