• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fail to control speed citation from accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Houstondriver

What is the name of your state? Texas
I received a fail to control speed citation as a result of a traffic accident after a afternoon rain while making a legal U-turn. There were no injuries and my insurance co. already paid for other party's damages. The cop cited me even though he did not see the accident. I do agree with his assessment of the violation. The ground was wet and possibly oily. Accidents do happen even to the most careful divers. Is there a defense? I have requested for a jury trial. Should I nego. with DA's office or is it too late after trial date is set? I feel innocent of the charge. :mad:

Crazed98

I don't know what your defense could possibly be.

The cop says your guilty, your insurance comapany says your guilty, and you agree with the cop which admits your guilt.

Since it was wet and possibly oily out you should have been going slow. If you were going slow you should have been going slower.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">