• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debtor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gacster

What is the name of your state?Illinois.

I was ordered by the judge to make monetary restitution, I am unable to meet the deadline, and I have since filed Ch 13. What can happen to me, I am not deliberately trying to avoid paying its just very difficult at this time.

JETX

gacster said:
I was ordered by the judge to make monetary restitution, I am unable to meet the deadline, and I have since filed Ch 13. What can happen to me, I am not deliberately trying to avoid paying its just very difficult at this time.
That depends partly on what the restitution is for. If fraud, etc., it is not dichargable in bankruptcy and your obligation would continue.

If it is in fact a dischargable debt, the court could rule that your failure to comply with the terms of the probation was sufficient to revoke your PRIVILEDGE of probation and sentence you to the original punishment.

gacster

I was going thru foreclosure, I was convicted for theft, I do not have any other convictions on my record. The money is what the judge says is the only thing I have to pay back , and I am also on supervision for 2 yrs.,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">