• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed - Mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hadahoo

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband and I were desprate to get out of a house we had only been in for 2 years. After 6 months of no luck trying to sell it and we did not want to rent it, we signed a contract with "We buy Houses" and signed a quit calim deed. The mortgage remains in our name and they do a lease-to-own collect the funds and make our payment until the house is sold. It was alright for a few months but now it is a year and a half later and they are 3 months behind on payments. I've tried to work this out but they refuse to pay back payments. Since the mortgage (FHA) is still in our name, is there anything we can do to get the house back? This has ruined our credit any way, can I sign a "deed in lieu of forclosure" with the mortgage company since I already signed a quite claim deed with them?

Sorry this is so long, I just need some advice.

Thanks!

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Hadahoo said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband and I were desprate to get out of a house we had only been in for 2 years. After 6 months of no luck trying to sell it and we did not want to rent it, we signed a contract with "We buy Houses" and signed a quit calim deed. The mortgage remains in our name and they do a lease-to-own collect the funds and make our payment until the house is sold. It was alright for a few months but now it is a year and a half later and they are 3 months behind on payments. I've tried to work this out but they refuse to pay back payments. Since the mortgage (FHA) is still in our name, is there anything we can do to get the house back? This has ruined our credit any way, can I sign a "deed in lieu of forclosure" with the mortgage company since I already signed a quite claim deed with them?

Sorry this is so long, I just need some advice.

Thanks!
**A: you got royally scammed. Pay more money to hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">