• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?Speeding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lil.angel

What is the name of your state? Texas

I fixed my car on a friday evening, and it was just working fine. When I drove it the following day, and I pressed the gas, it stayed on 20 MPH. It even stayed on that speed after I pushed the gas almost all the way through. When I let go of the gas, my car pulled all of a sudded and the gas peddal only moved back slowly. By the time I pressed the brakes, the Sheriff was already behind me. It came to this because my engine sucked up the water and somehow it built pressure on the gas. Am I able to fight this ticket for speeding?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

lil.angel said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I fixed my car on a friday evening, and it was just working fine. When I drove it the following day, and I pressed the gas, it stayed on 20 MPH. It even stayed on that speed after I pushed the gas almost all the way through. When I let go of the gas, my car pulled all of a sudded and the gas peddal only moved back slowly. It came to this because my engine sucked up the water and somehow it built pressure on the gas. Am I able to fight this ticket for speeding?

**A: what ticket?

Crazed98

I don't know what you mean by your car was pulling but if you mean accelerating without you applying pressure to the gas pedal you should have slowed down with the brakes.

You can't go into court arguing to dismiss the ticket because you were speeding thats what the ticket was for.

Your car not working right was your fault and can't be used for an excuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">