• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DoTOR80

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I was recently served with a temporary restraining order. While I admit that I had called the guy quite a few times, which bear in mind, it is because i was pregnant with his child up until i had an abortion a week ago, I am not quite certain what to do. I have never been in any legal problems, and live a fairly simplistic life. He had requested I stop calling him, and I called him more than I should have, but some of his allegations are frankly false, but I as I understand, a TRO is all ex parte. I am abiding by the TRO and am frankly not worried about breaking it, but I want to know if he goes ahead and files for an extended restraining order and if I frankly do not care as at this point it is mute, am i required to show up in court and argue that hell he was right i called him? I do not want anything to do with this guy at this point, and honestly do not care if he gets an extended order against me, except for the fact that i drive past his work on my way to work daily, and my doctors office is right across the parking lot from him. I just want to know if I have to fight this or if i can just say go ahead to the court with the modification that I am allowed to go to my doctors office? And secondly, is this now on my permanent record, or does that only happen if i break the order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">