• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassing neighbors in Hampton VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

walllh

What is the name of your state?
Name: Larry Wall
State: Virginia

My wife had a run in with another female neighbor several years ago where the lady pushed my wife down. It did not hurt my wife but it scared her. We filed a police report and decided at that time to not press charges thinking the problem would just go away. Then the harrassment started and so I told my wife to go ahead and press charges. The judge said that he believed an unwarranted push had occurred and that other events must have occurred or else we would not have pressed charges but then dropped the case.

The harrassment is happening again and is getting worse by the day. Today my wife went to the elementary school and was walking down the hall with young kids when the neighbor was also passing by and she called my wife a fat slutt in front of the kids. As far as face to face confrontations we just ignore her but she gets worse as time goes by. What should we do?

I am thinking about hiring a private detective to video tape the culdesac that I live in and wire my wife so my wife can just feel confortable confronting her. Then ask simple questions like what are trying to achieve by calling me names? Why are you harrassing me? etc. Then if we can get enough to prove our case take her to court for harrassment and then sue for the ammount of money we had to spend to get the private detective.

This is ridiculuos and aggravating. We feel that the matter will just get worse and worse until something is really done about this person. In my short investigation around the neighborhood I found that she had attacked a child and another woman who is no longer in our neighborhood. Anyone who does an investigation on this person would have to agree that she has some mental issues.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">