• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop Sign Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krntiger

Guilty or Not Guilty?

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Utah

Hello, Everyone.
I have a question for ya'll

About a week and half ago, I got pulled over by a motorcycle police for not stopping compeltely at the stop sign.

I was on the way to my old house that I recentely moved out from, and going there to clean the house to be checked out.
Right after I took off from my new house, there was stop sign.
When I was approaching to stop sign, I saw a cop car that was pulling into a parking lot that I was going to pass by. Who likes police? So, I decided to go around-I decided to make a left turn. I thought I stopped. I checked left and right side to see if any cars were coming. No sign of cars. So, I made left turn. About 7~10 seconds later, this one motorcycle police with red & blue lights on, appeared on my rear view. I never thought he was coming after me, because I couldn't think of any reason. So, I pulled over for hikm to pass me, however, he was after me.
I pulled the window down as he approached to my car, and I said "Hello, officer"
he said "Hello,"
and said "Can I see your driver's license, registration and proof of insurance, please?"
I handed him all of them, and he said "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
I said "Not really, sir", then he said "You did not stop competely at the stop sign. and you did not use turn signal"
I did not say anything.
He asked me "Were you wearing a seat belt?"
Of course, Oink, - I said "yes I was", I just unbuckled to pull out my wallet.
"I will be right back", he said.

I waited about 10 mintues or so, and he came back with a ticket.
He told me to contact a court. Then he took off.

Ticket says:
"Stop Sign Violation"
Code: 41-6a-902
Direction: W->S
SBC: checked <------------------ what is this by the way? (Seat Belt?)
Offense Date: 5/28/05
military Time: 1550
Radar: Blank
MPH Over: Blank

If you noticed, he did not put down saying that I failed to use turn signal.

I have to go to the court on Wed. the 8th.

I am not sure if I really stopped. But I thought I did. I'm 90% sure. But, I am sure that I didn't stop for 3 seconds as the law indicated.

Here are some questions
1. Should I plea Guilty? or NOT Guilty?
2. Do I have good chance of winning if I say NOT Guilty?
- If so, with what reasons?
3. Do you think it's better to say that I'm Guilty and ask plea in obeyance?
4. How does cops decided that I competely stopped without using a radar? I have radar detector which did not went off, and did not indicated in the ticket-how fast I was going.

Please, Help me.

I hate going to court.

Thanks alot.

For your side information. I only have one speeding ticket(for going 9 MPH over) that I got 2 years ago. I do have 3 warning( for not having a license plate on the front of vehicle), and one fix-it ticket. I've had my driver's license about 5 years now, and I'm turning 22 very soon.

Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">