• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ames_mom

What is the name of your state? NC
I have a delimea that's been 8 years in the running, to no end I have been searching for an answer:
in 1995, Ihad a restraining/DVO, on a certain male to keep him away from my then 15 year old daughter, that by order of the local courts, was to not interefere with the care, custody and/or control of my daughter until she reached the age of 18. Two months after this order was put into effect, I had him arrested for violating said order and he was jailed under a $500.00 secured bond. The very same day he contacted her on her job (was proven in court) and his bond was raised to $500.00 secure. He was held for two weeks (couldn't post bond) then there was a court hearing, and I was NOT notified of this hearing by the local officials. He was released on his own promise to stay away from my daughter. I filed a motion "to show cause"
through my attorney, that by the way never made it into court, two weeks later, Because they were found together by local officials, and she was returned home, only to wind up pregant by this guy. By this time she had turned 18 (only by 8 months). My Question to you is: Because he was under the Courts order to Stay away from her until she turned 18, Do I not still have Legal recourse against this PUNK?. By the way, He went to our local State Child Support office, admiting that he is this child"s father and says he plans to start paying child support, AFTER almost 9 Years.

legal recourse

its been almost 9 years. she is now what 27? have you tried having sex with him and getting proof to show her to see if she might want to leave him then?

Happy Trails

ames_mom said:
What is the name of your state? NC
I have a delimea that's been 8 years in the running, to no end I have been searching for an answer:
in 1995, Ihad a restraining/DVO, on a certain male to keep him away from my then 15 year old daughter, that by order of the local courts, was to not interefere with the care, custody and/or control of my daughter until she reached the age of 18. Two months after this order was put into effect, I had him arrested for violating said order and he was jailed under a $500.00 secured bond. The very same day he contacted her on her job (was proven in court) and his bond was raised to $500.00 secure. He was held for two weeks (couldn't post bond) then there was a court hearing, and I was NOT notified of this hearing by the local officials. He was released on his own promise to stay away from my daughter. I filed a motion "to show cause"
through my attorney, that by the way never made it into court, two weeks later, Because they were found together by local officials, and she was returned home, only to wind up pregant by this guy. By this time she had turned 18 (only by 8 months). My Question to you is: Because he was under the Courts order to Stay away from her until she turned 18, Do I not still have Legal recourse against this PUNK?. By the way, He went to our local State Child Support office, admiting that he is this child"s father and says he plans to start paying child support, AFTER almost 9 Years.
I guess I'm confused too.
Your daughter would be 23 now (if this were going on 8+ years and she was 15).
Or she is 25 (if in 1995 she was 15).
Or she is 27 (if her child is 9 and she was 18 when she gave birth).
Does she not want contact with this guy?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">