• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability and right of way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L. MacGregor

[FONT=Arial color="red"] What is the name of your state? New York
I posed a question below regarding right of way and what exactly it is. I guess it's pretty simple.
I wonder if anyone has ever heard of a case where someone was injured on a sliver of land that was owned by someone else but they had a right of way over it . My neighbor is being a big bully re: this right of way, and I would like to throw liability as a risk to him for bullying us with this. I don't expect I will fall on the property, but one of my kids friends might. Who would be liable? This neighbor told my real estate he walks up the driveway ofter (though I have never seen this) so he certainly knows the condition of the land.
Frankly, I would be happy if he would just be a nice neighbor and sell us the strip of land as he does not need it. He refuses.[/FONT]

Last edited:

HomeGuru

L. MacGregor said:
[FONT=Arial color="red"] What is the name of your state? New York
I posed a question below regarding right of way and what exactly it is. I guess it's pretty simple.
I wonder if anyone has ever heard of a case where someone was injured on a sliver of land that was owned by someone else but they had a right of way over it . My neighbor is being a big bully re: this right of way, and I would like to throw liability as a risk to him for bullying us with this. I don't expect I will fall on the property, but one of my kids friends might. Who would be liable? This neighbor told my real estate he walks up the driveway ofter (though I have never seen this) so he certainly knows the condition of the land.
Frankly, I would be happy if he would just be a nice neighbor and sell us the strip of land as he does not need it. He refuses.[/FONT]

**A: we don't deal in what if's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">