• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home insurance giving me a hassle.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Obow

What is the name of your state? MI
My house was set on fire 7 months ago.my insurance company started giving me a hassle about it even though i cooperated with them and gave them the names of a couple of suspecious people that i strongly believed had something to do with it. So i hired a lawyer (who forgot to mail me the letter of EUO and had to go get it picked up)and a private adjuster (who never answers my phone calls and got a 2 months extention preparing proof of loss even though he had 90 days to do that).
The appointment day arrived for EUO, and according to my lawyer, this would be the end of the road . Meaning the insurance would make a decision based on the EUO. After arriving, my lawyer took me aside and told me the lawyer for the ins. co. requested i take a polygraph exam (using their polygrapher). At which time he also told me that if i failed, we could use a private examiner. But only after i used theirs. If the results come back inconclusive or fail, i will not be paid on the claim. My question is, Is this normal procedure on behalf of the ins. co.? I also believe there is conflict issue with the two lawyers, they are friends (40 years). What are my rights?

claimlaw

My question is, Is this normal procedure on behalf of the ins. co.?

It may be normal but it certainly isn't proper.

I also believe there is conflict issue with the two lawyers, they are friends (40 years).

Perhaps, but not simply because they are friends. Either way, a new lawyer/public adjuster who knows what he/she is doing would clearly be useful.

What are my rights?

You have no obligation to submit to a polygraph test. Don't do it.

What you describe is problematic for lots of reasons particularly if the representative you refer to is in-fact a Public Insurance Adjuster.

Go get good help now. If you cannot be confident that you have found it, come back to this list.

Claimlaw

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">