• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened with knife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JM47

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Yesterday I was threatened with a knife in a public location.
I was in an internet gaming cafe with a friend. A few kids (3) from my school came up to me accusing me of losing one of their cell phones. They told me to call my mother immediatly and tell her to bring $500 for a new phone. One of the kids pulled a switchblade out of his pocket and told me I had 2 choices, which were to either call her and get the money or for me to "go for a walk" with him. The one kid said alright ill call your house, so he got his phone and called my house telling my mom I lost his phone and that I would be responsible for paying for it. Not wanting to disagree with somebody not only armed, but also under the influence of alcohol, I told my mom I was responsible and that I lost it. Then they left.

According to the kids plan, he can get the phone fixed for $50, but he says I must pay him $500 which was what he origionally paid for it.

I would like to know if this is considered common assault, and if it is possible that I can press charges. I have a witness who was my friend right next to me.

Before I would go to press charges I would like to know if I actually can, cause I would rather scare these kids from bothering me by knowing I can take action against them, then be known as the kid who "told on" X Y and Z.

I am 15 years old, the 3 kids who threatened me were also minors.

racer72

Call the police. Only the DA can file charges. And those charges will be based on the officer's report.

Bravo8

Contact the police. The conduct you described amounts to several criminal violations, including Simple Assault, Terroristic Threats, etc, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">