• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sale price of home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anne

There is a home that has been sold recently in my neighborhood. I am curious as to what the new owners actually paid for the house so that I have an idea of what mine might be worth. Is there any way of finding out what was actually paid for the house? (I live in Michigan.)

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anne:
There is a home that has been sold recently in my neighborhood. I am curious as to what the new owners actually paid for the house so that I have an idea of what mine might be worth. Is there any way of finding out what was actually paid for the house? (I live in Michigan.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) ask the new owners tactfully and in a neighborly way.

2) check with the real property/conveyance tax office

3) ask a real estate agent or real estate appraiser to get the info.

R

RickyK

Originally posted by HomeGuru:
I know in the state of GA you can go to the local paper and it has links to realator sites and they have ability to drill down by zip code and then it will show you all sales that have happened within the last year. You can link to www.ajc.com which is the Atlanta Journal and constitution and go the secton on homes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">