• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A lot sold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legalese

What is the name of your state? I live in Conn but the property is in Florida

We just sold a lot and it was supposed to close on June 3rd, it did not
Now they are saying they have to wait for a survey to be done on the property. It might be weeks or more. Can we stop the sale or do something
if the papers are already signed considering they did not say something upfront. The titlecompany doesn't even returns my calls. i think it is because
they don't know what to say. let me know if I have any options.

Legalese

HomeGuru

legalese said:
What is the name of your state? I live in Conn but the property is in Florida

We just sold a lot and it was supposed to close on June 3rd, it did not
Now they are saying they have to wait for a survey to be done on the property. It might be weeks or more. Can we stop the sale or do something
if the papers are already signed considering they did not say something upfront. The titlecompany doesn't even returns my calls. i think it is because
they don't know what to say. let me know if I have any options.

Legalese

**A: and what does your contract state with respect to the survey?

legalese

My mom whose was in florida signed the contract. Since then the title company called admitted they made a mistake about the closing date. i have not seen the contract but I my mom says it mentions the survey but she can't be more specific. My point was that the contract was signed with the closing date in mind and the survey should have already been done. If the closing was a mistake by the Title company as they admit could we stop the sale if we wanted to? The only reason for us stopping would be because the
survey might not be for a while, they just can't tell us when but say it will be soon.

Legalese

HomeGuru

legalese said:
My mom whose was in florida signed the contract. Since then the title company called admitted they made a mistake about the closing date. i have not seen the contract but I my mom says it mentions the survey but she can't be more specific. My point was that the contract was signed with the closing date in mind and the survey should have already been done. If the closing was a mistake by the Title company as they admit could we stop the sale if we wanted to? The only reason for us stopping would be because the
survey might not be for a while, they just can't tell us when but say it will be soon.

Legalese

**A: Ok, thanks for the confusion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">