• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic school messup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whoisdaman

What is the name of your state? Florida

Alright, so I got pulled over the other day and found out that my license was suspended for non-payment of a traffic violation that I got last year. I was afraid that the ticket I paid for last year didn't go through or something. So I went to the clerk of court today and found out that my license was suspended because I never took traffic school when I told them that I would elect to take it, since the ticket drops to a lower price when you elect for the school, they want me to pay the extra surcharge. Well I did take traffic school, the certificate from the online driving class I took didn't get to the Clerk of Court. The representative from the school told me some BS story that I didn't pay for express mail, and sometimes standard mail gets lost. So now I have to wait for the certificate to come by mail and somehow get it to the local county that I recieved the ticket from (I moved away since then).

So my question is, will the suspended license ticket be dropped if I take it to court and tell them my side? And does anyone know the cost to get a new license reinstated in Florida, you think I could get reimbursed from the traffic school? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">