• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Basic Speed Violation (KANSAS)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flashks

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I was pulling away from a stop sign, and was accelerating a little fast. Its a 30 mph zone, and the muffler on my car makes it sound like I was doing 60,( i have a honda civic) when I was actually only doing around 33 or so.

Well, I passed cops in a parking lot talking to some people as I approached the stop sign. I was slowing down when I seen them because from where I took of to the stop sign was only about 2 1/2 blocks. Anyway, I pulled into Sonic Drive in and they pulled in behind me and wrote me a ticket for Basic Speeding and for Excessive Muffler Noise. I asked the officer, "How fast was I going?" And he stated, you were speeding thats all that matters.

<My question is can the ticket hold up in court when they didnt radar me with any gun, or they didnt even pace me to see how fast I was going. They Just heard me and saw me from a distance and assumed I was speeding.

Do I have a fighting chance? And the cop even failed to check my insurance verification..... So he didnt even do his job fully... PLEASE HELP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">