• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I fell off of a ladder.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

13rad

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? GA

I’ll try to keep this short:

I am located in Georgia. I am a low voltage technician (security, fire, surveillance, etc..) and was working on a very large new construction site in Atlanta. Our company was contracted to install the security and surveillance system for this business. The job site had 20 foot ceilings and we were renting a scissor lift. The job superintendent jumped the gun before we (and others) were done pulling the wire for the job and installed a ceiling grid system. After a previous contractor took out part of the grid with a lift, he kicked the remaining subs off of them. Our company was forced to go to 16 foot ladders, which was like trying to pull teeth with tweezers. One morning after making several 300 foot wire runs, I fell off of my ladder. After thinking back I realized that the super was having the concrete floors cleaned and my feet were wet as a result ( I have pics of this). The result of my fall was a tibial plateau fracture that has already required two surgeries thus far and will require more in the coming months.

I am on workers comp right now. My question is this:
Can the job site or the Super be held responsible for what has happened to me?
If we were on a lift like the job had called for I would have never been in this predicament.
And to be honest I am a little PO’d about that fact.
No pun intended, but do I have a leg to stand on???

HomeGuru

13rad said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? GA

I’ll try to keep this short:

I am located in Georgia. I am a low voltage technician (security, fire, surveillance, etc..) and was working on a very large new construction site in Atlanta. Our company was contracted to install the security and surveillance system for this business. The job site had 20 foot ceilings and we were renting a scissor lift. The job superintendent jumped the gun before we (and others) were done pulling the wire for the job and installed a ceiling grid system. After a previous contractor took out part of the grid with a lift, he kicked the remaining subs off of them. Our company was forced to go to 16 foot ladders, which was like trying to pull teeth with tweezers. One morning after making several 300 foot wire runs, I fell off of my ladder. After thinking back I realized that the super was having the concrete floors cleaned and my feet were wet as a result ( I have pics of this). The result of my fall was a tibial plateau fracture that has already required two surgeries thus far and will require more in the coming months.

I am on workers comp right now. My question is this:
Can the job site or the Super be held responsible for what has happened to me?
If we were on a lift like the job had called for I would have never been in this predicament.
And to be honest I am a little PO’d about that fact.
No pun intended, but do I have a leg to stand on???
**A: you have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">