• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Hair product left me with a 2" line of stubble!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lone Star Girl

I'm in Texas. I used a product called Touch of Sun a few weeks back. It did what it was supposed to and lightened my hair to reddish color (I had braids, so I only sprayed it down the middle part of my hair so that my roots would blend in better with the braid color). Yesterday, I took the braids out and today I put a relaxer in my hair (same product I always use, and have never had a problem - until now). So, I finish washing the relaxer out and notice that my scalp feels kind of stubbly and there are clumps of hair in the sink. I look in the mirror and I now have a 2" stripe of stubble halfway down the center of my head where I applied the Touch of Sun. There were no warning labels on either package about mixing the two products. The rest of my hair is just past shoulder length, and my hair grows very, very slowly (it took almost 7 years to get it this long). Cutting it all off is so NOT an option - it takes a face that I don't have to pull off the Halle Berry thing. Right now I'm doing the old man comb over to hide it, but I'm am so absolutely depressed. Do I have any legal recourse?

Shay-Pari'e

Lone Star Girl said:
I'm in Texas. I used a product called Touch of Sun a few weeks back. It did what it was supposed to and lightened my hair to reddish color (I had braids, so I only sprayed it down the middle part of my hair so that my roots would blend in better with the braid color). Yesterday, I took the braids out and today I put a relaxer in my hair (same product I always use, and have never had a problem - until now). So, I finish washing the relaxer out and notice that my scalp feels kind of stubbly and there are clumps of hair in the sink. I look in the mirror and I now have a 2" stripe of stubble halfway down the center of my head where I applied the Touch of Sun. There were no warning labels on either package about mixing the two products. The rest of my hair is just past shoulder length, and my hair grows very, very slowly (it took almost 7 years to get it this long). Cutting it all off is so NOT an option - it takes a face that I don't have to pull off the Halle Berry thing. Right now I'm doing the old man comb over to hide it, but I'm am so absolutely depressed. Do I have any legal recourse?
"Touch of Sun" is a chemical that strips your hair of color. The box is NOT going to tell you what will happen if you double process your hair. This is what you did.

A relaxer is a perm solution. You put it on, it breakes down the bonds of your hair. Instead of rolling it for curles, you comb it straight out.

This is your fault you destroyed your hair, not the "Touch of Sun".

ablessin

teflon_jones said:
I'd like to see a picture so I can fully evaluate whether you have a case.

That would be a "hoot"

Every chemical product does some sort of damage to your hair. Coloring, perms, etc.

You're going to have to get a short haircut and live with your mistake.

You've no one to blame but you

Not only did you double process your hair but you relaxed your hair after you took your braids out (that was a triple threat!!). Your hair is very weak when you take your braids down...... Really all you can do at this point is to find a very good hairstylist that can assist you with growing your hair out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">