• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP>>>>

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flashks

What is the name of your state? Kansas

Basic question since no one has responded.....

Can I be cited for speeding when an officer didnt clock me on radar, or didnt pace me in his car?? They were standing out of their cars, talking, and said he say me speed by. How would that hold up in court??? PLEASE HELP

Thanks-- :eek:

Crazed98

Just because he said he saw you speed by doesn't mean one of the cops were in a car and got you on radar.

Was the ticket for 35 in a 30?

flashks

well, the ticket has no posted speed on it. in the space that says speeding in a --- zone, is empty.

also, there were 2 cops, and both were out of the car. they were talking to some people and heard me drive by. thats what provoked them, because my muffler is loud. any advice?

Crazed98

Just go to court and plead not guilty.

Talk to the prosecutor tell him your story.

You'll probobly still have to pay the fine but you should be able to get away without any points.

CdwJava

flashks said:
Can I be cited for speeding when an officer didnt clock me on radar, or didnt pace me in his car?? They were standing out of their cars, talking, and said he say me speed by. How would that hold up in court??? PLEASE HELP
Were you cited solely for speeding? or for something else as well?

Yes, an officer CAN cite you for speeding without a pace, radar, lidar, or vascar - it is called "visual estimation". How well this would go over in court would depend upon the officer's training and experience. If the officer is a trained radar officer, then it is likely that he had to certify with visual estimation and his visual estimate is good within +/- 5MPH or less (in some places they train for +/- 2 MPH). if you are accused of doing 35 in a 30, that could be enough to provide reasonable doubt. But, since you don't apparently know what speed the officer is claiming you were doing, it might be hard for you to make the determination until you get to court.

- Carl

flashks

thanks guys. im gonna plead my case today. i didnt know there was such a thing as "visual estimation". but, you were tons of help. thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">