• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radared car in front, got me on a "visual"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Equaltime

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was driving north behind another car on a two lane highway, posted speed limit 55. I was possibly/likely exceeding the limit, but I honestly don't know as I was helping my wife review a map (still carefully driving, though). The policeman coming south radared the car ahead of me. She slowed immediately, probably giving the impression that I was accelerating on her. Policeman turned around, pulled me over, she stopped too. I asked if he clocked me with Radar, he said yes several times. After we both got tickets for 70mph in a 55, I asked again how he could clock two cars with one radar and he affirmed that's what he did. I asked to see the radar gun, and saw it said "70" (her northbound speed) and "52" (his southbound speed). I asked again where my speed was recorded, and he said he actually got me on a visual, relative to her. The ticket is marked "radar". Do I have a chance of winning if I go to court? Any help is deeply appreciated.

racer72

Equaltime said:
Do I have a chance of winning if I go to court? Any help is deeply appreciated.
Nothing in your post suggests the ticket is not valid nor warranted. The radar was used to determine your speed based on the speed of another vehicle. I would suggest a consultation with a local attorney if you want to fight the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">