• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket Fines Sent To Collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joeboxer

What is the name of your state? MD

I used to have an AZ driver's License, but was in the process of moving to Maryland when I received a number of moving violations such as speeding. Rather than attend the court hearing, I accepted that they would find me guilty and send me the fines, which they did. However, seven years later, I still have not paid the fines and my driver's license is still suspended due to this. The fines had been assigned to a collection's agency. I was under the impression that after seven years, the collections agency drops the charges. Is this true?

lwpat

The charges never go off and you will be unable to get a drivers license until you pay up. The only thing is that they supposedly cannot put them on your credit report after seven years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">