• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Speeding Ticket - Cop No Show?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NYStateofMad

I received a speeding ticket in NY (Ulster County) in May. On the ticket, the officer writes the time, date and place for me to appear - if I am to challenge the ticket. I decide to challenge and mailed in my ticket stating so. I arrive today at court (at the appropriate time) but told by the Court Clerk I shouldn't be there until the state notifies me by mail with a trial date. I have not rec'd any notice from the state. I told the Clerk I'm here at the time designated by the officer who wrote the ticket. The Clerk says it doesn't matter, I need to await a trial date.

Then why in the heck is a date written on the ticket for me to appear? This is all a scam to me and feel the officer is just a no show. Am I nuts? Should I get an atty.?

Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">