• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction or trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

David Santiago

I am the owner of California rental property. I have a rental agreement with a relative they moved out several months ago and subletted to another tenant without my knowledge or consent. The other tenant is not paying the relative rent. Now relative won't pay me rent anymore. How do I get tenant out and get control of the property back. I have no rental agreement with relatives tenant and have received no rents. I only know their name. Do I need to evict or since there is no agreement is the tenant tresspassing?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Santiago:
I am the owner of California rental property. I have a rental agreement with a relative they moved out several months ago and subletted to another tenant without my knowledge or consent. The other tenant is not paying the relative rent. Now relative won't pay me rent anymore. How do I get tenant out and get control of the property back. I have no rental agreement with relatives tenant and have received no rents. I only know their name. Do I need to evict or since there is no agreement is the tenant tresspassing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to file a normal eviction jointly against the legal tenant and the current unapproved occupants.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
You have to file a normal eviction jointly against the legal tenant and the current unapproved occupants.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">