• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blood Test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trucker To Be

I was stopped at a checkpoint and asked if I had had anything to drink. I said I had one 12 ounce beer about 30 minutes ago and had not had anything to drink aside from that for a few days. I did not lie. The cop told me to take a breadth test. I did and came out good. But I know I had beer on my breadth and was scard that the test would hurt me as I am learning to be a trucker and this could have washed me out. If I wanted a blood test instead, could I have demanded one? Whe I told the officer he said if I didn't take the breath test right then he'd take me downtown.

D

DefenseMan

Great question. In a roadside DUI case the type of test you take sometimes is critical. In your case it would not have mattered.

Assume you had 4 quick drinks in a chug-a-lug. It could take a half hour for sufficient alcohol to enter your blood stream or urine and register at the 1.0 or the .08 level. But the breath test would show a higher level almost as soon as you drank the last drop.

You are lucky you did not fight too hard, as some states don't give much of a choice. Next time don't drink and drive, or if you do, call a DUI lawyer before playing lawyer yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">