• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confusedinAR

What is the name of your state?arkansas
i am recently separated from a five year relationship of the father of my child. we were never married but he signed the birth certificate and she has his last name. what kind of rights does he have? i have been told that he has no rights or obligations to her even if he did sign the bc. i have seen how he is with his other children, that he doesn't have custody of and i dont want my child subject to him. he bee bops in and out and pays child support when he has it and she would just be better off without a daddy!!!! please help me.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
confusedinAR said:
i have seen how he is with his other children, that he doesn't have custody of and i dont want my child subject to him. he bee bops in and out and pays child support when he has it and she would just be better off without a daddy!!!! please help me.
Well, gee..... perhaps you should have considered that BEFORE having a child with him? You picked him to father your child. If he decides to seek his rights through the courts, you can expect that he will be awarded visitation. You could also seek child support. But you don't get to simply erase him from your child's life - next time choose more wisely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">