• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksfrey

I live in Washington state I was given a speeding ticket for 58 in a 40 I donot believe that I was speeding. what is the best way to find out what the laws are in my state about the filing deadline of the ticket or if there is a filing deadline or if there is a law that states that the person recieving the violation has the right to view the radar. I was not given the oppurtunity to view the radar. The officer was traveling south I was traveling north bound when they say they got me on radar. I never seen the officer and when I was pulled over the officer that got me on radar never arrived on the scene is this legal? I found a web site that states the problems with police radar would you advise that I could use this in my defense. the web site is.
thankyou http://www.speedtrap.com/blind.html

T

Trucker from CA

I am not a lawyer but I have gotten lots of tickets. I used to fight them, but found they cost me more in aggravation and lost wages than the money to pay the fine or the increase in my insurance. I had one where the radar was coming at me and I could swear I didnt speed, but lost as the cop came to court and said that's what he had done, he tested the radar before the tour and it worked, and it showed I was speeding. Let's face it, we all speed, and only get caught sometimes. Now I go to traffic school when I get one. The points come off the license and the insurance company doesn't know. I'd only fight if it meant that I'd loose my license as I need to drive to work.

J Baker

Washington speedtraps

Hi,
Unfortunately you got a ticket in a very greedy state. And they don't care whether you were speeding or not. I just paid a speeding ticket which I got in South Hill, Pierce Co., Washington. I had just started out from a dead stop from behind a bus, but got a ticket for doing 50 in a 40. Best advice is to ask for a "dismissal" which means it will not go on your record or be reported to your insurance, but you will have to pay the fine. They are just in it for the money, sort of a Mafia protection fee program. Check speedtraps.org and avoid those areas. Also write a letter to the mayor of the place where you got the ticket to let them know you and your friends will be boycotting their gas stations and grocery stores so that they will actually be losing revenue.
J. Baker
Nevada, where the cops are nicer than in Washington.

He's just a newbie whiner..... sure looks like a genious here, eh? Darn greedy Warshuntun..... stopping dem poor peeps for speedin'

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">