• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

towing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

supe

My husband was away for 6 weeks at school and we were in the process of moving when our van was tagged with a 72 hour tag to be moved.We had just had a new engine put in it at a repair shop and the mechanic parked it out front of our house. I went to move it but had a problem starting it so my son and I pushed it up about 10 feet. When my husband came home Saturday for his weekend break he look at it and said the starter seemed loose. He could start it but it was hard, he said he would fix it when he was done with schoolcause it wasn't the vehicle I drove daily. The next week we got another 72 hour tag, again I moved it. Then on Sept. 29 it got another 72 hour. My husband came home and on the morning of Oct.1 with about ten witness there we move it. 48 hour after it was tagged. On Oct 2 it was towed by the police for v.c.22651 k, which is violating the 72 hour tag. When I filed a complaint the person in charge of deciding if the officers were at fault told us it was towed for the 72 hour tag and that the traffic officer that had it towed admits it was moved in the 72 hours but he had it towed because he looked under the hood and the battery wasn't hooked up, so its not operable. My husband unhooked the cable on his saturday break cause he said the battery would go dead if he left it hooked up and it wasn't started every couple of days . The vechile has a new engine , was legally registerd and insured. Does this seem right? My husband is fuming and wants to go hire a attorney tomorrow. Help!!

M

MM

Tell him to relax and not get a heart attack over it. In many places it is a greater violation to do what he did as the purpose of the ordinance is to prevent long term parking. This was long term parking and just pushing a car 10 feet is not sufficient to get off the hook, IF the ordinance is drafted properly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">