• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about suspensions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BradCNY

What is the name of your state? NY

I had two suspensions on my DMV report for failure to appear in court to respond to two speeding tickets. I have since apperared, they dropped both tickets down to parking violations and I paid my fine. What I'd like to know is does the DMV make a distinction between a suspension gotten because of a major moving violation such as DWI, etc. and a failure to appear, or do they treat all suspensions the same and will it be on my record for four years? I'm just curious to know if some suspensions are expunged from the record once you take care of the ticket. :confused:

lwpat

Suspensions are not expunged and stay on your record. If you have not paid your reinstatement fee to the DMV you need to do so immediately. Paying the fine does not reinstate your license.

BradCNY

I called the DMV and they do not know what you're talking about. They said that only for major violations such as DWI or DUI is there any kind of a reinstatement fee. If it was simply a failure to appear and the court says that I took care of it, the court simply notifies DMV that all is well and the suspension is lifted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">