• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failing to yield results in accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smason

Virginia

I recently got in an accident and the officer cited me for failing to yield.
I was at a stop sign waiting for traffic to stop once it stoped I made a right turn and got into my far right lane on a four lane street. As I was making my way over to the far left lane preparing to make a turn I was checking both mirrors and my blindspot for traffic I saw a car at a safe distance of about 65 meters so I signaled and started crossing lanes. Lane after lane I checked my mirror and Blindspot when I got in probaly the third lane I looked back and saw the car at about 45 meters. It is my belief that he was speeding because the next thing I know he impacted the side of my vehicle. Now I have to go to court for failing to yield and his insuranbce company will most likely file suit. I plan ot contest both alligations. My question is, in your opinion who is at fault

Crazed98

I would say it was your fault even if he was speeding you should have kept your eyes on him with your rear view and side view mirrors making sure you were at a safe distance WHILE you were changing lanes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">